Scott's Viewport

Monday, February 13, 2006

Taxi Women


Two of the most interesting blogs I've started watching are written by female taxi drivers, one in New York City, one in the San Francisco area. They meet a variety of people, see a great deal of town, and write up the interesting bits for online readers.

M.P. (New York Hack) roams the streets of NYC, and presents a slice of street life -- at least the street life that opts for a taxi -- a lot of it young people on their way to or from city clubs. Inebriation is often involved.

Taxi Lady Joann (Joann Rides) is a bit more suburban. Based in San Jose, a lot of her trips seem to be shuttling passengers to/from the airport and their industrial park destinations in Silicon Valley. And trips to the city as well.

They each bring along digital cameras to illustrate their blogs. Joann posts what intrigues her on Flickr: public art, interesting architecture, and interesting people. M.P. sticks closer to the cab business and her passengers, but her pictures are equally interesting.

Check them out. Worth the ride.

NYC Taxi Photo courtesy of trec_lit -- Creative Commons license
SF Taxi Photo courtesy of Thomas Hawk -- Creative Commons license

2 Comments:

  • At 9:37 AM, Blogger Joann said…

    Thanks for the interest in my taxi blog. I see I already have you on my flickr contact list.
    Your blog will now appear on my blogroll too.

     
  • At 12:28 PM, Blogger bob mullen said…

    Hi check my Taxi blog out from the UK I have links to Taxi blogs from Hawaii Sydney etc,.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home